The British Fashion Awards is a ceremony held annually in the United Kingdom since 1989 to showcase British designers and present awards to those who have made the most outstanding contributions to the fashion industry during the year.
The 2014 British Fashion Awards were held on Monday 1st December at The London Coliseum. Hosted by Jack Whitehall, the ceremony saw the best of the British and international fashion industries, designers, retailers, celebrities, models and media.
Over 2000 people gathered to celebrate the successes of the fashion industry over the past year with guests including Samantha Cameron, Anna Wintour OBE, Valentino Garavani, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Harry Styles, Lewis Hamilton, Lana del Rey and Courtney Love.
2014 British Fashion Awards Winners
The winners were voted for by over 400 members of the global fashion industry.
- Emerging Womenswear Designer: Marques’Almeida
- Emerging Menswear Designer: Craig Green
- Emerging Accessory Designer: Prism
- Red Carpet Designer: Alexander McQueen
- Model of the Year: Cara Delevingne
- Special Recognition: Chris Moore
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator: Edward Enninful
- International Designer: Nicolas Ghesquière
- Outstanding Achievement: Anna Wintour OBE
- Creative Campaign: Louis Vuitton
- New Establishment: Simone Rocha
- Establishment: Preen
- Brand: Victoria Beckham
- British Style: Emma Watson
- Accessory: Anya Hindmarch
- Menswear: J.W. Anderson
- Womenswear: Erdem
The late Professor Louise Wilson was also honoured at the ceremony in a tribute that saw models wearing looks by designers she had taught at Central Saint Martins, including Christopher Kane and Mary Katrantzou.